Thursday, September 16, 2010

New blog, new ambitions

My beautiful, talented wife and I plan on using this blog as a forum for posting translations we're working on. As the name of the blog suggests, these will be from the Nordic lands. Kristina, of course, is versed in all of the necessary languages, and I have just begun in earnest to struggle with Swedish. As we finish little projects, they'll go up.

One on-going project that we plan on both contributing to will be a translation of Bo Giertz's commentary which corresponds to the Gospel and Epistle lesson for the upcoming Sunday in the 3 year lectionary. We'll be using Förklaringar Till Nya Testament (Explanation of the New Testament), which isn't available in an English translation.

Look for the first one in a couple of days!

4 comments:

  1. Who's the nerd up checking my blogs at 3 am?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great.
    Will you be taking requests?

    Do you know if all of Giertz' pastoral letters been translated?

    I hope Wes pulls his weight, though I have my doubts.

    phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil,

    Someone in the Internation Giertz Society is translating them. I'm not sure what the publication goal is. If you have something specific, I'm sure we could give it a shot.

    And, no, I'm not pulling my weight yet. It took about two hours to translate 5 sentences the other night.

    ReplyDelete